20 February 2012

week 5


20 February 2012

Again, about the mattress, I have design the prototype, but haven’t choose the material. In my mind, I’m planning to produce something like this:

In order to produce something like this, I have to consider the type of material to be used. If I'm using 220V supply, I cannot use balloon. I also cannot use tube; because we cant see the alternating of air flow, inflate and deflate of the mattress. 

Forgetting about the mattress, now I want to focus with the circuit. I'll think again how to produce the prototype to test the pump.

Before selecting suitable motor to be used, i need to identify the system operation. From my observation, the principle of the pumping is :

:: At first, when user ON the switch, they have to set to the maximum pressure; by adjusting  the knob. Maximum pressure is about 400kpa. It is to inflate the mattress. It can be done although patient is lying on the bed. After the entire mattress is filled, users need to slow down the pressure by adjusting the knob. 
:: Motor will make the pump to suck air, and push it into the tube which is connected to the valve. The valve consists of three chamber. 
:: The valve will rotate, and pump air into the mattress at several minutes; via two other chamber. The first chamber will deliver air at several minutes to the mattress, then stop, and second tube will repeat the operation. ( in order to produce alternate flow in the mattress)
:: The process will repeat. 

Below is the image of the valve and the chamber:

Center tube is from the pump, the other two is connected to the mattress