15 April 2012

week 12


15 APRIL 2012



It’s time to itching on PCB. At first, I plan to itching manually, using PCB iron paper and normal PCB board. But, it is difficult as I don’t have experience doing it by myself and need to learn the process from the expert. I’m also afraid of doing mistake that could burn my money; as the iron paper is costly. Finally, I decided to itching on UV board, as it is easier and I can do it at level 1; PCB lab. I can use the facilities and it is for free. =)

  1.               Photocopy the PCB layout  in OHP sheet using laser printer   

 2.  Attach the OHP sheet on the UV PCB board. Put a tape at each side to attach the paper to the board. Precaution: Avoid the board from exposure to light.

             

           3. Place board with OHP sheet into a UV exposure unit for 60 second.





    4.  Wash the developing using ferric chloride. Sink the PCB in the acid and shake it until the circuit clear  from copper; which do not need on a board.


   





5.   Transfer the PCB in to itching tank and do the operation for 4 minutes; 40˚C onward.



6. After finish on itching tank, scrub the PCB board using sand paper or rub it using thinner liquid. Make sure there is a right connection and continuity on the PCB. Test it using multimeter.



For the first try, after checking the connection and continuity, i found that there is no connection at some point. It is because of my connection line too thin. So, I have to adjust my connection line again; in the DipTrace software, and repeat overall procedure. Here is the result: