20 April 2012

week 13


20 APRIL 2012



It is week 13..!!! After doing etching for standalone Arduino and alarm timer for my circuit, it’s time for testing. First of all, I check the connection and continuity using multimeter. Unfortunately, I found that there is much connection broken. So, I refer with Miss Siti; technician level 1 electric lab. She suggest to re-do again the PCB DipTrace layout, by “bold” the connection line; as the line is too thin. Time is running out, and I need to go to Jalan Pasar again, to buy new UV board. After repeating the etching process, I test the connection and continuity again; thank god it is well connected..! =)

Broken Connection

It’s time for inserting and solders the component to the PCB. As I’m not doing this soldering work for a long period, it is a bit smudgy… but, I manage to finish it in few hours and start testing. It is not functioning… I try to troubleshoot it by re-check the connection. But, still the same. One of my friend suggested to use different battery or replace the battery by adapter; because it might be not functioning because of not enough supply, as the battery power reduce each time we use it. After try all the suggestion, it is still not functioning. So, I try to compare the circuit with the one in the internet. Referring to the circuit, I jump wire emerge from voltage regulator (5V), direct to pin number 7 Atmega. What a release, it is functioning.. =)





Lastly, it’s time for uploading full programming in the Atmega and testing overall function.